Growler Werks – Beer Tap Systems
The Growler Werks uKeg is the world’s most innovative draft beer growler. It keeps beer fresh, cold and carbonated, and goes wherever you go. Toast to flavor and friends. Your favorite beer will stay fresh to the last pint, ether poured from your refrigerator or from your tailgate. The way the brewer intended. With vacuum insulated 8/18 stainless steel, your beer stays deliciously cold all day. Growler Werks uKeg integrated VPR Cap technology provides a carbonation system to keep your beverage brewery fresh, and perfectly carbonated. uKeg can also be used to force carbonate your own home brew or other carbonated elixir.
The uKeg 64 is a mini keg in the size of a half-gallon growler, keeps beer cold and fresh. On the go or at home. Durable, double-wall vacuum insulated stainless steel. CO2 regulator cap with customizable tap handle and gauge. Brass carrying handle. Includes two 8 gram CO2 cartridges.
Capacity: 64 oz (1893 ml) = 4-5 beers
Dimensions: 6.8 in (175mm) W x 10.6 in (269mm) H
- uKeg – keep beer fresh for weeks.
- VPR Cap – automatically regulates pressure to optimally carbonate beer. Choose desired carbonation level, from zero (off) up to 15 psi.
- Vessel – durable, double-wall vacuum-insulated stainless steel.
- Pressure Gauge – easily read the pressure inside the growler.
- Dispenser Tap – easily pours beer any time, without removing cap. Plus taplock to prevent dispensing.
- Interchangeable Tap Handle – handle can be changed to personalize or represent your favorite brewery.
- Sight Glass – shows contents of uKeg and how much is left.
- CO2 Cartridge – uses low cost, food-grade CO2 cartridges.
Usage of the Growler Werks uKeg
How can the uKeg be cleaned?
Cleaning the uKeg is easy. Rinsing with warm water after each use is the best practice. Any leftover CO2 can be used to flush the tap with water, but turning the uKeg upside down works too. The cap can be removed to easily clean the inside of the stainless steel vessel. The tap assembly, sight glass and pressure gauge can be fully dissembled for deeper cleaning when needed. Standard brewery equipment cleansers can be used.
What pressure range does the regulator cap provide?
We designed this version of our regulator cap to go between zero (0) and 15 psi. Zero psi corresponds to the “off” position when the regulator is closed, and the cap will not dispense the contents of the CO2 cartridge. The off position is for taking the cap on and off the vessel. 15 psi may be good for force carbonating homebrew or other beverages, or highly carbonated stuff.
Can the uKeg 64 be used to force carbonate Homebrew?
The uKeg 64 is capable of force carbonating beer and other beverages. Turn your homebrew, cider, wine or juice into a delicious carbonated beverage within just 2-3 days. To ensure you have enough CO2 onboard we recommend using a 16g cartridge for the uKeg 64. The uKeg 64 comes standard with an 8g cartridge holder. However, additional 16g cartridge holders will be available on our website soon. Sign up for our email list and we’ll keep you updated.
Can the uKeg 128 be used to force carbonate Homebrew?
The uKeg 128 currently uses a 16g CO2 cartridge. This may be sufficient, however, we’re not confident that’s always enough CO2 to both fully carbonate and dispense your beer to your liking. To ensure you can fully dispense, the cap can be easily removed to replace the cartridge after carbonating and before dispensing. We’ve had really strong interest in using the uKeg 128 to force carbonate home brew and other homemade beverages, so we’re developing a specialized cap holder that accommodates 33g cartridges. Sign up for our email list and we’ll keep you updated.
Can the uKeg be used with nitrogen cartridges?
You can get various mixtures of beer gas in 8g and 16g cartridges. These will work with the uKeg, however there isn’t normally enough volume in these gasses to fully empty the uKeg at the pressure you’d want, even using a 16g cartridge. If 33g cartridges can be sourced and used with our 33g cap adapter then enough gas would be available.
Can the ukeg be used for non-carbonated beverages like draft wine?
If you set the pressure low enough, or use an inert gas like nitrogen or argon instead of CO2, the uKeg can dispense non-carbonated beverages just fine.
How does the sight glass work?
Beer (or other beverage) travels through an inner dispensing tube within the sight glass, that connects to the tap, while the sight glass is an extension of the vessel with openings at both the top and the bottom. The pressure gauge measures pressure near the bottom of the vessel.
Watch the video below to see more about how the Growler Werks uKeg works!
Where can I get Growler Werks uKeg Beer Tap System?
The Growler Werks uKeg 64 is a simple kit to get that keeps your beer fresh and cold where your enjoying your day on the go. Here is a list of all the products below, the links will take you to Amazon to order.
Growler Werks uKeg 64 Pressurized
- The uKeg 64 growler keeps craft beer fresh
- Share your beer and homebrew with friends at parties and BBQs
- Easy to fill, easy to use & easy to clean
- 64 oz. stainless steel bottle is vacuum insulated to keep beer cold all day
- Variable pressure regulation cap maintains perfect carbonation
Leland 8-gram CO2 Cartridges
- Uses include: carbonated soda water (with no quinine & no aftertaste!)
- Save Money! Make your own soda at home!
- Virtually unlimited shelf-life! 8g CO2 non-threaded weld-sealed steel
- Antique pellet gun & toy car propellant; Kleer-Drain by Mag Engineering refill CO2 cartridges